Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Class 3 9/6/11: Such Fond Memories

When I realized I needed to register for a capstone course, imagine my surprise when the screen said Dr. Tuggle was teaching the class! Not to be intentionally a suck up, but I thought tech with this professor was quite the good class, at least as far as the material goes. Nobody could make technology interesting for non computer majors, but it went as well as it could with Dr. Tuggle teaching this class to a bunch of business majors!

Long story short, I thought that signing up for this particular capstone would be a good idea, considering the tough reputation I've heard the other capstone professors have.

The first week of classes did not disappoint. It felt like the format and pacing of the tech class I had previously, simply structured around new material. The technology news made a comeback! In the form of business news of course. Considering the fact that I often forget to follow news at all by myself, I feel like this will help me keep current on such news.

The first case was also an interesting treat. I guess, according to the terms defined in the case, I'd classify myself as a "core member"(of 24 hour fitness). I've belonged to the gym for over 4 years now, since May 2007 or so, when my dad changed companies and they had a family gym membership plan. Since my high school freshman year, when I started school sports, exercise has gradually become an essential part of my life. There have been times when I've cancelled or scaled back on social events with friends in order to get in my weekly workouts! Thus, I read the case eagerly, and am looking forward to further analysis.

Overall, I think these past three classes have been a great start to the semester, and I'm looking forward to more.

2 comments:

  1. Grace: What kind words! I hope you are not disappointed by this class over the course of the semester....

    Interesting to learn that you are a "core user"--do you have any recommendations for Bally's to improve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly no, because I belong to 24 HR fitness, and have never actually stepped foot in a Bally's. So from a user's perspective I don't really know, unless I go to one.

    My dad bought our family plans on this family discount 4 years ago, and I haven't seen a reason to switch from 24 HR.

    ReplyDelete